Dear Mom and Dad,
Whoo, it was a fun week. I've been having so much fun here in
Gangshan, being in the south again makes me so happy. I tried to stay
dilligent in Zhanghua and Yuanlin of course, but the people are not as
friendly, and are not as willing to stop and talk to you. So talking to
everyone here is a lot more fun, because the people are a lot more
open. So I've been talking to more people than usual, and I feel
happier overall. That's Taiwan, the farther south you go, the warmer
the people, and the farther north, the colder the people. I feel bad
for the Taibei missionaries.
I LOVE the ward I'm serving with. We meet in a dalou...(uh...I
don't know how to say dalou in English.) Um...its not a chapel. I
guess its an office building. Yeah, my English is super sucky!
HAHAHA! Anyways, they want a chapel REALLY BAD. They've only been a
ward for 6 years, they use to be a branch, but they have between 80-100
active members, which is a pretty good sized ward for Taiwan. They have
a reputation for being really solid, and its not a lie. I introduced
myself to the Bishop, set up a time to meet with him tonight. And he
asked me to bring a ward list, so he can let me know families and
individuals to focus on. That never happens here. Next, I met our ward
mission leader, who wrote a sheet of all the members who can help us in
lessons and the times they are convenient, without being asked. He
also said he wanted to devote time every month for the Elders to go on
splits with the ward missionaries, so they can better understand the
people we are working with. Crazy. Next, I went and found the young
men's president. I mentioned two of the RC's here are 11 years old, and
almost 12, and man, he was all over making them Deacons. I went to the
second councilor's house for dinner, he is super solid. He's the young
men president's brother, super cool. He said he was willing to help us
with investigators any night of the week. He's helped us a few times.
He also invites two little girls from accross the street to his house,
they're definitely going to be baptized. Whoo, the energy here is
pumping! This is by far the most involved ward I've ever served in.
I'm super excited.
Yup.
Anyways, my new companion is great, we have gotten along really
well. We laugh all day long, it makes the work so much more fun. Elder
Dailey is from Bluffdale. He's really down to earth, and he's here for
really good reasons. He's pretty shy, but we are already friends. He
is also willing to work hard which makes things go smoothly.
I printed off a picture of Braidyn to show investigators, they love
it. He's so cute. The only problem is I always say its my brother's
son, and they say, "wow, how long has your younger brother been
married?" Yeah, its interesting. But I love showing people my
family, it makes me so happy, I start giggling everytime. I'm so
ridiculous.
Well, I love you! Have a great one!
-Elder Travis Leatham
No comments:
Post a Comment